Wednesday, June 18, 2014

She's a Goal Orientated Missionary. 6/16/2014

So I have really taken Zone Conference to heart. And yes, maybe I made a list of new personal goals 3 pages long, got super overwhelmed at how much I need to improve and use the Atonement, cried for about a day, erased the entire list and narrowed it down to TWO THINGS! hahaha :)
I am going to make 2 changes, and the rest will follow.

First- I am beginning to understand the power and importance of planning. 
I have always hated planning. loathed. despised. avoided. BUT I have always LOVED the outcome from seriously good planning. If you didn't know this already, I will let you in on the inner workings of missionary life. We plan. Like all the time. When we don't plan, it is a terrible day. We spend part of Companionship Study every morning confirming our plans for the day. When we are out driving, we are confirming plans. Every night we plan for 30 minutes(often more.. :\) for the next day. And every Thursday morning, after 3 hours of studies.. we have the glorious opportunity to plan for the coming week.. just want to make sure you got that, THREE HOURS! okay, if you didn't catch my sarcasm... it is not glorious. it is terrible. helpful. but terrible.
Well, that's a stupid attitude to have when none of this is in my control, right?!!
The answer is yes! Sister Ormsby, you are making yourself miserable!
And to that I say- I WAS! (past-tense, that's important)
The truth of the matter is, planning is great, but inspired planning is POWERFUL.
I can plan for hours (and I do), but with out the right attitude.. I am wasting mine, the Lords, my companions time, and everyone else! 
So, the simple truth that I explained in a very complicated way just now?
Your attitude makes a difference. Things change when we do it with a happy and positive disposition. Don't get me wrong, being happier about it doesn't just make 3 extremely looooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggg hours instantly easier. Not even close. BUT it does make it bearable! YAY! for that I give thanks! :)
just in case you don't really believe me... because of our inspired planning- we doubled our lessons this week. Doubled. Yep. You read it right. THERE IS POWER IN YOUR ATTITUDE and of course, in inspired planning! :)

Second, filtering my every action on my missionary purpose!
I invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.
If what I'm doing isn't helping me fulfill that, I stop. 
What is your purpose? Do you have one? Do you check up on it each day? Is what you are doing helping you to fulfill that purpose?

I love this gospel! It is perfect. I know that. Jesus Christ is my loving Savior. His care for me is beyond my understanding.

My new favorite hymn:
"The time is far spent; there is little remaining
To publish glad tidings by sea and by land.
Then hasten, ye heralds; go forward proclaiming:
Repent, for the kingdom of heaven's at hand,
Repent, for the kingdom of heaven's at hand.

Shrink not from your duty, however unpleasant,
But follow the Savior, your pattern and friend.
Our little afflictions, tho painful at present,
Ere long, with the righteous, in glory will end,
Ere long, with the righteous, in glory will end.

What, tho, if the favor of Ahman possessing,
This world's bitter hate you are called to endure?
The angels are waiting to crown you with blessings!
Go forward, be faithful, the promise is sure.
Go forward, be faithful, the promise is sure.

Be fixed in your purpose, for Satan will try you;
The weight of your calling he perfectly knows.
Your path may be thorny, but Jesus is nigh you;
His arm is sufficient, tho demons oppose.
His arm is sufficient, tho demons oppose"

I know His arm is sufficient when we are fixed on our purpose!! :)

Keep praying for Quinton! Please add Georgine to your prayers and our new investigator Cynthia and her children!

I LOVE YOU ALL!
See you in a week,
Sister Ormsby

PS. Thanks for the news on Hermana Olson, I teared up to hear it! She is wonderful, I am sure!  Oh, & read John 14:18, 26-27! LOVE THEM! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment