Friday, June 27, 2014

Sometimes it's 102 degrees, with 100% humidity.... I LOVE FLORIDA!


HAPPY JUNE 23rd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!It seems like a good day to be happy, no?
If I was to describe this week I would with the word LONG.


On Monday we had a truly wonderful lesson with Georgene. I can't remember everything I have told you about her, but she is so incredibly sweet. She has had some health struggles lately, and she contacted us because she was praying for strength and she knew that our prayers and our spirit could help her.
It was sooo great to see her and one of my favorite things about her is that she so easily recognizes the spirit and the hand of the Lord in her life. We showed her the video 'Lifting Burdens' (http://www.mormonchannel.org/come-follow-me-the-atonement-of-jesus-christ?v=910937379001) I am so grateful for the Atonement of my Saviour, Jesus Christ. I know that He understands each of us perfectly. What a sweet comfort that brings to each of us in times of pain and sorrow!
Also, she knows that Book of Mormon testifies of Christ and she is learning more and more how similar it is to the Bible!

Wednesday was the Funeral and although it was hard, I couldn't help but be amazed at the love our Father in Heaven offers us. He has made a perfect plan for us to find happiness and peace through every trial and into the next life. Brother C. and Bishop spoke and they had beautiful testimonies to bear. They were stunning missionaries actually, explaining their pure testimonies of the plan of salvation. They were great examples of the temple! How grateful I am to have the knowledge of eternal families, and to have already began my covenant path to return to my Heavenly Father! I know that Whanau IS Forever! That brings me a comfort, peace and joy that is explainable!

Thursday we had interviews with President Cusick and he gave the council to go to the doctor. [please don't freak out] My left shoulder has been giving me some minor, slight trouble lately and he wants me to figure out what is going on. I have been alternating heat and ice and taking ibuprofen but nothing is really helping. I have an appointment with the Orthopedic on July 3rd. And we will see what is going on.

Saturday was a hard day! Hermana K. was in a lot of pain (she has previously torn 4 ligaments in her hip flexer). She went downhill really quickly. Just in time for my shoulder pain to really kick into high gear. We were both pretty broken, trying our best to look after one another.. but the other Hermana's in our ward came and looked after us. They made us dinner and help around the apartment. We weren't able to get to church due to the lack of sleep from pain. But they came and gave us lunch and dinner! Today we are feeling a lot better!! and we had blessings on Saturday, don't worry.
I was able to go on splits with Hermana D. last night to see a referral we got and it was really cool! We got to teach and testify quickly to 3 people.
The work goes on! Even through our small struggles. I am soooo thankful to play a small part.
My love to you all!!
See you in a week,
Sister Ormsby

First day with Mi Hermana!

  
'Midnight' Cereal Snack! .. It was really at 10pm, but that's our midnight on the mission‏





The only mountain in Florida!


With Sister K. on Exchanges



Sometimes it's 102 degrees with 100% humidity.. I love FL!

Rolling R's Lesson Uno

Rolling R's lesson dos
 

Rolling R's lesson tres
     


No comments:

Post a Comment