Tuesday, August 6, 2013

About to Embark...

Well Folks.... THE DAY IS HERE

Tonight at 7pm I will be set apart as a Missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints!

I feel so blessed to be given the opportunity to serve the people in Tampa, Florida. I have knelt in prayer to God and I know this call is from Him and for me.
The responsibility to help children of God find their way back to their Father and gain eternal salvation is one I reverently accept with my whole heart. I will give myself to the Lord's work for the full 18 months and the chance to teach others of the Savior is a gift I will be eternally grateful for.
I have a testimony that my Savior knows and loves me. He watches out for me and guides my life. I know that this is His true church.
I am grateful for my temple covenants. I have been blessed greatly to have entered The Lord's Holy House and make sacred promises with Him. Through God's plan for us, I know of a surety that there is more than this earth life. The Lord wants us to find happiness while here, through His Son Jesus Christ. And I know that our families can be together forever.
I have really learned for myself that The Lord has everything already planned out. He has a better path than each of us can dream of.
Doctrine and Covenants 6:36 reads:  

"Look unto me in every thought, doubt not, fear not."

 

With Christ, we have no need to suffer, fear, or doubt. I believe in Christ. I know He lives. I will serve Him with all my heart. In the Holy name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

HONEST TIME: Of course I am nervous of the unknown. But with Christ I know I can handle anything (and with some lovely letters from you fantastic people). Everyone says the time will fly by, it already seems to have. 18 months could seem like a week; so..

I'll see you in a week! 
Love, Sister Ormsby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment