Monday, November 4, 2013

Pre-Halloween week 10/21/2013

Well your trip thus far sounds wonderfully busy!! But i am so glad you are there! Hopefully you are taking HEAPS of photos?!?!?

Pretty great week! We have been so busy, but that is always a good thing! 
We have been helping Christian set up his Halloween decorations and teaching lessons while we do it! haha, it is fun!  He sets up a haunted house in his front yard.. He is legit. :)
Tuesday we biked!!! More for exercise than anything else.. so, things I have learned.. people STARE! like hardcore... it is so embarrassing! and I don't get embarrassed too easy! also, my helmet is HHHUUUUGGGGEEEEEE, so that was fun. And it is hard to bike in a skirt, without showing everyone everything! When it gets windy, your skirt flies up. I don't make the rules. That's just how it goes.
Wednesday was TOUGH! We had exchanges! And I had to stay in our area, and sister L. left. I was soooo scared of being here without her and probably for good reason, because ALL and I mean ALL of the appointments that we had for that day cancelled. I was freaking out and scrambling to figure out who we should see.. So Sister Miller and I spent a lot of time knocking on doors of people who didn't answer. Even Christian had to cancel that night!!! I was soooo bummed!! I started getting frustrated, but then i stopped and I prayed. I wanted to know who the Lord needed us to go see. I felt like we were wasting time, but I knew there must be some one waiting for us to come.
Patty popped into my head! She is a less active that the Spanish elders visit. Her husband that brought her into the church passed away last year and she has really struggled.  She wants so badly to be sealed to him, so we want to help her get there. I met her a few weeks ago when we did splits with the Relief Society. Long story short, we had a wonderful visit with her. It made the whole frustrating day worth it. We talked about General Conference and invited her to watch President Uchtdorf's message from the Saturday morning session online. (IT IS AMAZING) We will keep praying for her to have the courage to act on her faith and take the steps she needs to, to get to eternity with her love. :)
I wish I could remember all the little amazing blessings that the Lord gives me all week long, but for some reason I always go blank when it is time to write! haha
Here is the BIG news!!!!
Christian made it to church this week! With Tracy and baby! It was soo wonderful to see them all together! The spirit was so strong and he really loved it! :) Soooooooooo............

CHRISTIAN IS GETTING BAPTIZED ON THE 27th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS HAPPENING FOR REAL, NEXT WEEK! WE ARE SO EXCITED! CAN YOU TELL BY THE CAPS?!?!? IT IS INSANE HOW PREPARED HE IS AND WE CANT WAIT FOR SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Every time we teach him we are amazed by how well he is understanding all the principles.. I mean, he hates coffee and beer and loves Tracy so much. He is basically perfect! :)
We are so happy for him! It has been so beautiful to see him take the steps closer to Christ and we can't wait for him to jump right into that water! :D

I LOVE YOU ALL!!! I am so grateful that I have such a strong and loving family. I am with you all in spirit! especially at this time! 
KIA KAHA! You are all, always in my prayers- I cant explain how much I really do love you all.
See you in a week, 
Sister Ormsby

ps- transfer calls on Saturday! keep your fingers crossed I get to stay in the incredible Apollo Beach with the fantastic Sister L. of course, I will go where the Lord wants me to go :)
                                           Sister Ormsby with her HUUUGGGEEE helmet!
                                                                  First day riding.........
                                                The joke of the bike upside down on the car
                        Sister Ormsby having fun helping Christian decorate his house for Halloween
                                Sister Ormsby & Sister L. with some of the Halloween decorations
Sister Ormsby with her first surprise package from home
                                     Some of the decorations she got in her package

No comments:

Post a Comment